Trash days are Tuesday and Friday!
Use tightly closed heavy black trash bags – not paper bags – and place trash at the curb between midnight and 7 a.m. on the day of pickup.
If possible …. Place trash outside by 7 a.m. on the morning of pickup to prevent rats from being attracted to and chewing through the bags. This also keeps trash pickers from strewing trash around on the sidewalk and street.
Recycling days are Tuesday and Friday
Use clear plastic bags for your “singlestream” recycling of the following items:
- Magazines / catalogs
- Mail, wrapping paper
- Flattened food and cardboard boxes
- Brown bags
- White and colored paper
- Pizza boxes
- Telephone & paperback book
- Glass bottles and jars (caps can be recycled)
- All plastic containers
- Tin and aluminum cans, foil, pie plates
- Milk containers, juice boxes
- Spiral cans (coffee, nuts, etc.)
- Heavy cardboard (flattened and tied securely)
Have additional questions? Need a special pickup, consult the City of Boston here.